I've experimented with line and different mark makings. I've used a black fine liner to draw these floral's and have tried to capture the details and the mark makings of the floral's. Craig Fellows While doing research for contemporary designer's I came across Craig Fellows. His work is very detailed and he also uses a lot of mark makings in his drawings which I found related to my drawings. Researching Craig Fellows was very inspirational. Craig Fellows is a textile print designer, he uses colour and illustrations is his work. Craig Fellows combines traditional, contemporary and digital printing techniques in his work which has an interesting feel. Craig fellows applies his designs on both fashion and interior based products.
I visited the museum of science and industry to see their textile archives. It was interesting seeing textile fabric sample books from the years 1860, 1868 1923 and 1928. I find these historical textile fabrics interesting as the style of painting is very inspirational.
I visited the Victoria and Albert museum and seen these interesting vases, I really liked the shape of these vases so I decided that I wanted to combine something else with my flower theme. I've done these painting of vases by using inks and gouache paints as I wanted a different look from my previous work. These painting have also been influenced by the work of Cate Edwards as I've worked in the similar style.
Comments
Post a Comment