I visited the Bolton museum and seen their pressed flowers collection. I find the detail of these flowers really interesting and would love to draw from these.
I visited the museum of science and industry to see their textile archives. It was interesting seeing textile fabric sample books from the years 1860, 1868 1923 and 1928. I find these historical textile fabrics interesting as the style of painting is very inspirational.
I visited the Victoria and Albert museum and seen these interesting vases, I really liked the shape of these vases so I decided that I wanted to combine something else with my flower theme. I've done these painting of vases by using inks and gouache paints as I wanted a different look from my previous work. These painting have also been influenced by the work of Cate Edwards as I've worked in the similar style.
I've research the work of Robert Kushner. He uses interesting collaged backgrounds and draws floral's on top. Robert Kushner has illustrative style in his art work and uses different thickness of lines which I find really interesting. I've also experimented with mixed media and I've collaged news paper in the background to give an interesting effect. I've used ink, fine liner and acrylic paint.
Comments
Post a Comment